I earned my CCNA in Routing and Switching on October 14th 2014. You may verify my certification by going to http://www.ciscocertificates.com/verify.cfm and entering the verification code 419264167930BMCJ in the box provided.
I have also earned my ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management on July 24, 2015 . You may see my certificate in the portfolio section.
Knowledge / Skill Base
CCNA Switching and Routing , Project Management, Team Leadership, Mentoring, Training, Budgeting, Process Improvement, C- level Negotiations, Sales, Performance Metric Analysis and Creation, Strategic Planning, Prioritization, SLA Management, Assume and Take Responsibility Above and Beyond Requirements, Marketing, E-Commerce, Perception Improvement & Management
Cisco Routers, Catalyst switches, Cabletron switches, Hubs, Hughes and Spacenet VSAT, DSU, Bytex, Foundry, Smart Jack, Cables, Modems, PC, DACC Tellabs 5500, 5320, 532L, and the Tellabs MSN 8860s and Alcatel 1630, 1631, 1677, 1671, Alcatel MSN 7670s, Huawei, BTS, BSC, MSCe, HLR, UMGW, Unix, Linux.
N’Genius, Spectrum, Solarwinds – Orion, NMS, Netscout, Netcool, Network General Sniffer, Ace, TJ ping, NetAnalyst, M2000, Maddog
SNA, TCP/IP, SNMP, X.25, PPP, Frame Relay, MPLS, ISDN, VSAT, VPN, VLAN, DS3, T1, T3, DS0, Fractional T1, B8ZS, LAN, WAN, OSI Layers, Dial, Sonet – Fiber ring, HTML, FTP, C++, H246, M3UA, EVDO, CDMA 2000, SS7, ABIS, SIP, DOCSIS, HFC
Cellular Technology / Markets
Siemens UMTS, Ericcson GSM / UMTS, Nokia GSM, Lucent GSM / UMTS, Huawei RAN, Blackberry
Windows 95, 98, NT, 2000, XP, Unix, Microsoft Office Professional, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, FrontPage, Visio, Dreamweaver, Fireworks MX, Expression Web, Wiki, SwifTrac, Granite, Vantive, Remedy, CTS, Secure CRT, Wireshark
Cox Communications 8/12 – current
Senior NOC Data Service Assurance Analyst (Promoted to senior role / title 12/15)
- Provide Tier 3 Service & Operations Management, Service Problem Handling and Service Quality Management for Cox Products, Services and Applications (CPSA) at the enterprise level. Cox CPSA have complex designs which typically include CPE, RF, HFC, DOCSIS, protocols, ports, security, routing, servers, operating systems, databases and rating/billing.
- Act as the subject matter expert and owner of operations service management, escalation, incident command and service assurance.
- Provide recommendations to management for changes & additions to the portfolio of CPSA.
- Responsible for assuring defined service quality metrics are met and the processes, tools and information are available to be effective and efficient within the Tier 3 role.
- Lead Incident Command to address immediate service issues, at the enterprise level, quickly and effectively.
Huawei Technologies 7/10 – 6/12
NOC Technician / Project Manager
- Served as project manager, leading group to create tools and job aids to increase efficiency, reduce errors and reduce downtime; finishing these projects on time and within budget.
- As project manager, I have taken projects through the full project life cycle; Initiating, Planning, Execution, Monitoring and Controlling, Closing.
- Support NMS system set-up and authority administration for collection of network surveillance alarms and dependability statistics data in co-operation with support systems engineers.
- Ensure service levels are achieved as per agreed SLA to fulfill the Company’s mission and customer requirements.
- Responsible on overall surveillance, triage and troubleshooting activities on BTS, BSC, MSC, SMSC, Transmission, RF and other related nodes.
AT&T Mobility/Wireless (contractor) 8/07- 12/09
Network Control Engineer
- Proficiently tested and repaired T-1 circuits to cellular phone sites across the United States using Net Analyst, escalating to vendors to resolve circuitry issues as needed.
- Developed operational procedures that has helped me realize a 100% increase personal production which put me in the top of 50 for quality and production
- Consistently drove for professional excellence in analyzing, documenting, repairing and reporting in a very high paced high 24×7, 12 hour shift environment
- Trained and coached team members on process and evolving procedures
- Statused multiple cellular sites with different technology/markets via switch access
- Led shift and shift huddles as needed to direct and guide ten plus team members to reach daily objectives
NorthFultonTimes.com / Home Town Times12/05 – 8/07
Sales and Business Technical Development
- Managed business operations and technical aspects of www.NorthFultonTimes.com, a free local online newspaper for northern Fulton county Georgia encompassing Alpharetta, Milton, Roswell, and John’s Creek
- Personally hold record for single largest sale in the Home Town Times network of sites surpassing the previous record by 50%
- Worked with sales staff to mentor, guide and develop new lead generation opportunities
- Created partnerships / alliances with other businesses, organizations and non-profits to help these entities gain public awareness and increase revenue as NorthFultonTimes’ benefits with an increase readership and advertising revenue
InterContinental Hotels Group 3/99-1/06
- Ensured continuous (24 x 7) network connectivity to the mainframe and server environment & multiple applications. Responded to and resolved network and application alerts in support of corporate offices, reservations center, external customers, remote access users and hotels on a global basis through fault isolation, diagnostic procedures and analysis of transmission failures.
- Demonstrated proficiency in investigation, escalation and recovery of network failures as well as monitor network availability and performance, performing corrective actions as needed.
- Performed network maintenance activities through data center procedures as required.
- Eagerly assisted in the installation, testing and commissioning of new network equipment and connectivity.
- Developed, implemented, and maintained operational configuration changes for the router environment.
- Documented network troubleshooting and Vendor information to be presented as a Intranet website accessible to network support related personnel
- Volunteered to participate in forums to alleviate interdepartmental confusion, and troubleshooting handoff procedures
- Attended various training courses for hardware, software and interpersonal communications skills
ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management – July 24, 2015
CCNA Switching and Routing – October 14, 2014
B.S., Business Telecommunications Management – DeVry Institute of Technology – February 99